Saturday, May 7, 2011

In search of Tougher Balls

DOG (Bender's) RULES

1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I chew it up, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it just looks like mine, it's mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with it and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.

I went to City Farmers today to buy kibble, pig's ears and foam tennis balls. I must say, their shelves looked a bit bare. The still have a supply problem with Hills Science Diet so the shelves were bare there. I managed to get some Hills for the cats, because Mittens is a fussy blighter and won't eat anything else. They were giving away a 3kg bag of Nutro dog food to people who had a City Farmer's card and got their newsletter, so I grabbed that, and got my 15kg bag of Advance. I got 10 pig's ears but there really weren't many to choose from in the tub. Then I went to get some new balls for Bender. There were only 3 left! I bought them all. They have certainly increased in price, I remember when they were only $3 each, now they are $5.50!

Anyway, inspired by the lack of reasonably priced treaties, I decided to make some peanut butter dog cookies when I got home.

½ cups water(add more water later if required)
½ cup oil
2 eggs
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
½ cup cornmeal
½ cup oats

Blend wet ingredients together. Whisk dry ingredients together and mix into wet mixture to form a ball of dough. Roll out and shape. Put onto a non-stick cookie tray or lightly greased one. Cook 20 minutes at 400 F. Turn off oven and allow the biscuits to cool in oven until crisp and hard. Store in airtight container.

I gave one to Barbie, and it went down very well. I think I will make more dog cookies.

In other news, we met some house sitters last night. We have made a decision, I think, so the furkids will be well looked after while we are away. We will have to stock up on food before we leave. I hope that City Farmers have plenty of balls and pigs ears!

Related Posts with Thumbnails