Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cameras



I have only had two digital cameras in my adult life. My first one was a Pentax Optio WP - a water proof 5 mega pixel camera which took lovely vivid photos, including some of the older ones I have of Bender swimming in deep, blue water. The Pentax was lost in an airport, or left on a plane, but I never managed to find it.


My second camera was purchased about 18 months ago. It's a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT1. It is now outdated, but all of the photos and videos on this blog were generated by it. It has a few scars from being in my bike bag with all of my tools, I'm too lazy to keep it in it's pouch. It's been dropped a few times but it's supposed to stand a 10ft drop. Since I'm only 5ft3, all of the drops have been from below that height.


It developed a problem, which may have been in train for a while now. It started being a bit slow to autofocus and take photos. Now when on video mode it makes a constant grinding noise as it focuses. I am going to have a shot at getting it repaired under warranty - I hope that it can be, because we are going on a holiday soon and so any long winded repair attempts may leave me without a camera :(( I am glad that I purchased the extended warranty when I bought the camera, but I may be stuck with the bill if they deem that it broke due to being abused. The JBHIFI guy said they were very generous with warranty claims but it remains to be seen exactly how generous. Would love to get a new FT-2 but I don't think that's very likely.


It also may be a problem for my DWTDS entry. It may not be recorded in my usual high-def standard. Oh well, youtube mangles it anyway so I suppose noone will be able to tell! ;)
Related Posts with Thumbnails