Monday, June 17, 2013

Transporting the lovely Pico

Today I drove for 2.5 hours to get a Greyhound called Pico from the pound and deliver him to his foster home.


Pico is a BIG boy - much taller than Zelda, though not quite as heavy as she was when she first came here. He was mainly good in the car, there were a couple of little howls but I think he was just confused about where he was being taken.

I was handsomely rewarded with Pico cuddles and he immediately took a shine to his new foster pawrents. They have whippets, and he was very good at ignoring them when they were bouncing around.


The whippets were very active and absolutely adorable. One day I might have one in the household, though they seem to run around a lot more than greyhounds do. 

Pico already knows how to sit and lie down and he comes to his name as well. He has really been fairly well looked after and he's a beautiful gentleman. I am sure he won't take long to find his forever home! 

When I got home, Zelda was most displeased that I smelled like another greyhound and lots of whippets!! She stuck very close to me and gave a lot of cuddles.


Early bed time tonight I think! 


Related Posts with Thumbnails