Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Being vocal

As far as greyhounds go, Barbie isn't exceptionally verbal.

But tonight she had a good old yap at Bender, and I can't think of a reason, other than the fact that he is, again, asleep in her crate. She was sitting on the couch, staring at him, her ears up, and she started with a whingy sort of sound, which progressed into short sharp barks, until I told her off. Bender responded with a growl. I am not sure if she wanted to go in there or not but I don't think she likes Bender in there.

I successfully got her to go in there more than a few times tonight by feeding her dinner in portions and then stashing a stuffed Kong. In order to succeed I had to put Bender outside. As soon as I let him in, he was back in the crate!

I think I am going to have to buy another one.
Related Posts with Thumbnails